Apostrophe is building the health plan that can fix America.
The largest most creative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our SaaS platform makes their best practices plug-and-play for the other 80% of US employers who self-insure their health benefits.
We replace the existing health plan administrator (think: Cigna, Aetna or United Healthcare) to deliver healthcare savings as a service and — in our customer’s words — a benefit that feels like a benefit again.
In an industry defined by complexity, opacity and indifference Apostrophe is delivering simplicity, transparency and love.
Who you Are.
The most important personal characteristics for this position are a laser focus on delivering value, rabid curiosity and ability to self-learn, and a dedication to building something that can transform an industry.
Developers joining our team at Apostrophe will learn and grow by not limiting themselves to one particular aspect of the product, but will have significant impact across the platform and product as a whole.
This role blends a full stack developer role with a solid understanding of data.You’ll bring to this role mid-level experience in at least one relevant functional area. You’ll take ownership of our data cleansing and standardization process as the data moves into, around and out of our platform. You’ll also focus on how to analyze and report on trends within our data.
Build Amazing Technology.
- You are inspired to make sense of confusing data sets and put them to meaningful work
- SQL is your friend. So are languages like Python or Go.
- Your attention to detail ensures that all the data lands in the right place, at the right time, so that people can get the care they need
- You are inspired to use the right tech that will allow the most efficient flow of data and to build to standards and repeatability where possible
- Your customer-first approach ensures you can work effectively and collaboratively with customers, partners and business teams to ensure all data is delivered and processed to requirements. You own the relationships.
- You enjoy learning how to tame large, dirty data sets into optimized relational models to better understand consumer behavior
- You build automation, as needed, to optimize Engineering efficiencies
- We embrace machine learning, predictive analysis, and natural language processing to understand and guide consumer behavior. But you understand that often it’s also about CSV and SQL.
Work with an Awesome Team.
- We collaborate often, and understand the tradeoffs required to build iteratively, modularly and at scale
- Able to talk practically about why coding with standard methodologies is critical to long term success
- We are Kanban with a strong focus on continuous delivery, test driven development, and continuous improvement. You are comfortable working in true agile style.
- You think and work creatively — we love new ideas!
- You will help develop a culture of diversity, inclusion and excellence and live by our values
- You are interested in learning about scaling an Engineering organization – including product vision, UX, systems architecture and algorithms design, and, of course, building an awesome tech platform.
- We play with cool tech like Angular, Node.js, Go, MySQL, DynamoDB, Cognito, serverless via AWS Lambda, and more.
Who We Are
We are a Techstars Boulder ‘17 company and certified B Corporation. Royal Street Capital, Techstars Ventures, and Better.vc are helping us build a fast-growing sustainable business based around our core values. http://www.apostrophehealth.com/values/
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company but many of our clients are in the rust belt and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Full-time folks at Apostrophe get an early-stage options package and an open time off policy. Medical, dental, vision and 401K are available. Company contribution to these benefits and other opportunities will expand as we grow.
Our home base is in the RiNo area of Denver. There is ample free parking and we are just a couple blocks from the new 38th and Blake Light Rail stop. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.