We are building the health plan that can fix America – and we aren’t being tongue and cheek. That’s our battle cry. The largest, most innovative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our SaaS platform makes their strategies plug-and-play for 30K mid-sized self-insured employers.
We have spent the past year piloting our platform with a group of 20 employers. Our full deployment just went live on January 1st. We are backed by Better.vc, Techstars Ventures and Royal Street Capital. We were part of Techstars Boulder 2017 and are a certified B-Corp.
When was the last time you called your health plan and got a satisfying answer to your question? Apostrophe has an open position for compassionate individuals who are willing to focus and commit to making health insurance easy and approachable for our members. This is a job that interacts with physician’s offices frequently.
Support providers in getting access to the health care information they need
- You’ll respond to provider emails and calls about any and all topics (claims status, eligibility, how does Apostrophe work, disputes on payments, etc.).
- You’ll help providers with answering claims questions
- If a member has a confusing bill, you may need to contact the provider to get information.
- You’ll actively establish relationships with providers to support smart use of healthcare resources and alert them of how Apostrophe works.
- You will answer calls on eligibility.
- You will be helping to create a process for documenting a database of providers across multiple states and coordinating exchange of information across vendors.
- You will be part of a busy start up team and will jump in and help make the office tick by printing ID cards, welcome packets, whatever it takes.
- We want you to grow with us. You could get in on the ground floor and be a part of a concierge service experience for members across the country.
- Spanish speaking preferred
Is this role right for you?
- We are an early-stage technology company that believes healthcare is broken and needs to be fixed. If you believe that it is possible to get good healthcare for a reasonable cost, join us. If you believe that no care is sometimes better than the wrong care, join us. If you believe that people can and do make good healthcare decisions with full access to information, you should apply for this position. As a Concierge at Apostrophe, you will be part of the change you want to see.
- We are seeking a high-energy individual who can get going quickly. That’s great if you have a health care background. We strive to be a jargon-free company, so you should expunge all acronyms and meaningless insurance terms from your vocabulary.
- You will be working closely with the claims department
- You will handle multiple projects simultaneously. There will often be no rule book for how to handle any one issue. You may have to pave the path for the next person and document it so that we can learn and improve.
- You will want to have strong verbal and written skills to effectively collaborate with other team members and resolve issues.
Here are things we value (apostrophehealth.com/values). Do they describe you?
Work with an Awesome Team.
- We collaborate often, and want you to be part of these brainstorms
- We talk practically about methodologies critical to long term success
- We think and work creatively — we love new ideas!
- As an early team member, you will help develop a culture of diversity, inclusion and excellence.
- You are interested in learning what is involved in going from concept to scale
We service groups in multiple states and time zones and normal business hours are from 6am onward. To start in training it will be 9-5pm but then the shift will be 6am-2pm and some occasional weekends if needed as back up to member calls. We are flexible with work from home days as well. This team works from home two days per week.
Type of Role
This role is full-time, entry level, with an initial salary depending on experience.
It comes with an open time off policy, as we promote work life balance. If you are full-time it comes with an early-stage options package and an open time off policy. Medical, dental, vision and 401K are available. Company contribution to these benefits and other opportunities will come as we grow. Our home base is in Denver near Union Station. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home, but are flexible and open to any arrangement.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.