When we say we are building the health plan that can fix America we aren’t being tongue and cheek. That’s our battle cry. The largest most creative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. We are making their best practices plug-and-play for any employer. In the process we’ll build healthier businesses, communities, and of course, people.
We spent 2017 piloting our platform with a group of 25 employers and they moved to our full platform on January 1st. We were in Techstars Boulder 2017, are a certified B-Corp and are backed by Better.vc, Techstars Ventures and Royal Street Capital.
We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to delight that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us every single day.
Drive the requirements and execution of the financial components of our market-facing solution.
We are in the healthcare space, but our solution has a strong FinTech component. We pay medical bills on behalf of our members to take advantage of existing market discounts and we incorporate a share of the savings we deliver into our revenue. You’ll will track and execute payments for these parts of our SaaS offering and provide financial leadership for the company.
- Follow the funds! You’ll define accounting requirements that include an audit-friendly trail of payments from claims through funding for customer healthcare escrow accounts, and member payments.
- Strategize how to best work with financial, lending, and collections vendors as part of our market-facing solution. You’ll select and manage these partners.
Lead the financial function of an early stage SaaS company.
Are you looking for a finance job where you can do it right the first time? This position will define and build financial processes and an accounting system that will scale with the company.
- Define and implement reporting, business analysis and billing systems to support revenue models. These currently include a monthly subscription fee and shared savings on both unit costs and utilization. You’ll incorporate 3rd-party market data and past customer claims data in your analysis and reporting.
- You’ll structure the reporting of our finances in a way consistent with a third-party administrator and a SaaS company and you’ll develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and systems to scale accounting with business growth.
- You’ll partner with the CEO to develop the best financial model for forecasting business and securing future financing including lines of credit, SaaS loans, and venture capital.
Wear a few more hats.
- Manage insurance requirements, corporate licensing, and the relationship with the legal firm driving our third-party administrator licensing across states.
- Take on some of the corporate level general and administrative roles.
Is this role right for you?
- Do you have a fervor for financial transparency for clients and are constantly thinking how to implement it in all financial related communications to the customer, the member, and to the benefits advisor?
- Have you already taken a company from $1M-$10M in revenue and love the mix of being gritty in the weeds and strategic at the same time? Or are controller who thrives with the mix of strategy and business and accounting required in a startup environment and ready of new challenges and growth?
- You don’t need a healthcare background but experience in FinTech or complex e-commerce or SaaS would be great.
- Here are things we value (apostrophehealth.com/values). Do they describe you?
Benefits: This is a leadership level role. Full-time folks at Apostrophe get an early-stage options package and an open time off policy. Medical, dental, vision and 401K are available. Company contribution to these benefits and other opportunities will come as we grow. Our home base is in Denver near Union Station. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home, but are flexible and open to any arrangement.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.