Apostrophe is building the health plan that can fix America.
The largest most creative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our SaaS platform makes their best practices plug-and-play for the other 80% of US employers who self-insure their health benefits.
We replace the existing health plan administrator (think: Cigna, Aetna or United Healthcare) to deliver healthcare savings as a service and — in our customer’s words — a benefit that feels like a benefit again.
Think of us as the Southwest Airlines of health plans. In an industry defined by complexity, opacity and indifference Apostrophe is delivering simplicity, transparency and love.
What We Need.
We are looking for a multi-faceted marketing leader and do’er who can set the strategy, define the voice, and implement the programs that will help us both grow our enterprise client base and rally their employees (our members) to take the most advantage of their new Apostrophe benefits.
This is an enterprise SaaS marketing role with a strong dose of member communication thrown in. As our company grows, you’ll hire the team to complement your strengths and accelerate our growth.
Coming from a digital health background or having marketed solutions to self-insured employers is a huge bonus, but not required. What is required is a passion for fixing healthcare and a knowledge of the solutions that are working. The writings of Dave Chase and Health Rosetta are a great place to start.
This job requires capturing the hearts and minds of C-Suite executives. Your application to this job is going directly to the CEO. Don’t waste the opportunity.
What Does Success Look Like?
We will be a profitable self-sustaining company poised for massive growth in the next year because you have:
Set up our sales team to hit our January 2019 targets:
- Accelerate outbound awareness and education efforts
- Develop credibility and excitement through a series of regional executive roundtables
- Support broker evangelists and up level our engagement at key broker events
- Elevate our sales proposals and case studies to highlight our growing footprint and results.
Exceeded our January 2020 sales targets:
- Equip benefit consultants across several regions to sell our product without our involvement.
- Build on our initial market footprint and transform the conversation about health benefits among CFOs / CEOs to generate organic demand.
- Harness our first key vertical market wins to accelerate sales with deeper market stories, outreach, and partnerships at the industry and association level.
- Translate back office operations efficiencies into a more streamlined Saas-like sales and booking process.
You’ll define a differentiated voice that reflects our values of “telling it like it is” and delivering “more steak than sizzle” while conveying our promise of simplicity transparency and love in all programs and messaging.
You’ll collaborate with the health plan operations team and the member concierge team on programs that help turn our members into workplace champions for the smarter more responsible use healthcare.
What Will You Have Done Previously?
Our work style is collaborative and accountable. We set metrics around we need to achieve and then rapidly experiment and iterate until we meet those goals. We’ll want to talk about how you have done some of the following in your professional or personal life:
- Disrupted a market leader or the way things have always been done.
- Built trust among executives in traditional businesses.
- Transformed passive partners into champions of your cause.
- Activated a grassroots community.
Who We Are
We are a Techstars Boulder ‘17 company and certified B Corporation. Royal Street Capital, Techstars Ventures, and Better.vc are helping us build a fast-growing sustainable business based around our core values. http://www.apostrophehealth.com/values/
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company but many of our clients are in the rust belt and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out candidates familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Full-time folks at Apostrophe get an early-stage options package and an open time off policy. Medical, dental, vision and 401K are available. Company contribution to these benefits and other opportunities will expand as we grow.
Our home base is in the RiNo area of Denver. There is ample free parking and we are just a couple blocks from the new 38th and Blake Light Rail stop. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.