When we say we are building the health plan that can fix America we aren’t being tongue and cheek. That’s our battle cry. The largest most creative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. We are making their best practices plug-and-play for any employer. Our goal is to put money back in people’s pockets while making healthcare suck less. In the process we’ll build healthier businesses, communities, and of course, people.
We have spent the past year piloting our platform with a group of 25 employers and they move to our full platform on January 1st. We were in Techstars Boulder 2017, are a certified B-Corp and are backed by Better.vc, Techstars Ventures and Royal Street Capital.
We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to delight that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us every single day. Learn more about our team values.
Imagine if you could take data and use it to help people make better decisions.
As a member of our Engineering team you’ll work closely with our CTO and Data Architect to make this goal a reality. Data is the backbone of any health plan and there is plenty of it! You will transform, load, process, relate, and translate this data into meaningful and actionable solutions.
- Some days you’ll transform data, through coding and/or SQL, as we onboard new employers to our plan.
- You’ll have ownership over our business intelligence platform. Cultivating actionable insights that our team and our customers can use.
- And your passion for ensuring accurate and correct data throughout our platform is always a priority.
Is this role right for you?
While you don’t need a fancy degree to work here, you do need to embrace learning and continuous improvement, have a strong technical skill set, and favor simple solutions over complex ones.
You have a background in programming, exposure to databases (SQL and NoSQL), and a deep desire to learn (machine learning, AI, big data). You are versatile, compelled by data, self-directed and live by the following perspectives:
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You are vigilant in your analysis to ensure you come to correct conclusions.
- Analytical Skills: Facts, figures, and number crunching – there is always a lot of data. You see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Communication Skills: Distilling data down into findings people can absorb is challenging. You understand how to translate complex findings, in a clear and concise manner.
- Critical Thinking: You understand the importance of looking beyond the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
Work with an Awesome Team.
- We collaborate often, and understand the tradeoffs required to build iteratively, modularly and at scale
- We talk practically about why coding with standard methodologies is critical to long term success
- We are Kanban with a strong focus toward continuous delivery, test driven development, and continuous improvement. You are comfortable working in true agile style.
- We think and work creatively — we love new ideas!
- As an early team member, you will help develop a culture of diversity, inclusion and excellence.
- You are interested in learning what is involved in going from concept to scale including product vision, data, algorithm design, and, of course, building an awesome platform.
This role can be contract or employee. It’s a junior-level role with a salary range of $70K-$80K depending on experience. If you are full-time it comes with an early-stage options package and an open time off policy. Medical, dental, vision and 401K are available. Company contribution to these benefits and other opportunities will come as we grow. Our home base is in downtown Denver near Union Station / Coors Field. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.