We are building the health plan that can fix America – and we aren’t being tongue and cheek. That’s our battle cry. The largest most innovative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our SaaS platform makes their strategies plug-and-play for 30K mid-sized self-insured employers.
We have spent the past year piloting our platform with a group of 20 employers. Our full deployment goes live on January 1st. We are backed by Better.vc, Techstars Ventures and Royal Street Capital. We were part of Techstars Boulder 2017 and are a certified B-Corp (pending).
Support people in getting access to the health care services they need – at the highest quality place and for a price they can afford.
When was the last time you called your health plan and got a satisfying answer to your question? Apostrophe has several open positions for compassionate individuals who are willing to focus and commit to making health insurance easy and approachable for our members. This is NOT a job sitting in a cubicle answering calls. It is about creating a customer experience that people love and want to interact with.
- You’ll respond to member and provider emails, texts, and calls about any and all topics.
- You’ll help members find a high-quality doctor, make a speciality referral, provide information on a procedure, resolve a dispute, find the lowest cost services, and even sign up for a payment plan to cover high out-of-pocket costs.
- You’ll support provider onboarding and education and smooth the way for a good member experience.
- After listening to the member’s needs and what a successful outcome will look like, you will use claims data, plan documents, and a host of nationally recognized quality and cost resources, to provide the member with the best answers and options. This is detective work!
- You’ll actively establish relationships with members and providers to support smart use of health care resources and alert them of ways that Apostrophe can help.
- You’ll recommend and try new ways to inspire customer delight.
- Health care is local and personal. You’ll understand the local community where our members live and participate in quarterly customer meetings to share your experiences and insights.
- You’ll excel by meeting people where they are, being cognisant of local dynamics, and making it easy for them engage in their own health and health care choices. It’s about engendering understanding and trust.
- We want you to grow with us. You could develop and scale a concierge service experience for members across the country.
Is this role right for you?
- We are an early-stage technology company that believes healthcare is broken and needs to be fixed. If you believe that it is possible to get good healthcare for a reasonable cost, join us. If you believe that no care is sometimes better than the wrong care, join us. If you believe that people can and do make good healthcare decisions with full access to information, you should apply for this position. As a Care Concierge at Apostrophe, you will be part of the change you want to see.
- We are seeking individuals who can get going quickly and have some prior experience working in or navigating the healthcare system. We strive to be a jargon-free company, so you should expunge all acronyms and meaningless insurance terms from your vocabulary.
- You will handle multiple projects simultaneously. There will often be no rule book for how to handle any one issue. You may have to pave the path for the next person and document it so that we can learn and improve.
- You should be tech-savvy and recommend ways to track and improve service through automation. You will want to have strong verbal and written skills to effectively collaborate with other team members and resolve issues. A lot of member communication is done by email and text.
- Here are things we value (apostrophehealth.com/values). Do they describe you?
This role can be contract or employee; full-time or part-time. It’s an entry level role with an initial salary around $50K depending on experience. If you are full-time it comes with an early-stage options package, an open time off policy, and can include a tax-friendly healthcare stipend as part of your pay package. Other benefits and opportunities will come as we grow. Our home base is in Denver near Union Station. We split our time evenly between the office and work from home, but are flexible and open to any arrangement.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.